Hiring: Legal Counsel
We are looking for a full-time Legal Counsel to join our lovely team! 💚
- BEAUTY – UNIQUE – CARING – CUTTING EDGE;
- a unique project developer with an impressive track record in mixed used residential projects and student real estate.
- part of a large group of project developers and companies, which is a big plus for attracting mixed use projects while striving for a complete vision in real estate.
- using real estate to improve quality of everyday LIFE.
- always a step ahead on new market trends with its belief in innovations as only key to succes.
- a team of passionate and driven professionals who respect, appreciate and value each other, making team work about excelling and contributing to everyone’s uniqueness.
- reinventing yourself time.
- ready for a future through new strategies at home base and abroad.
- inspired by different cultures with projects in Belgium, The Netherlands, Spain, Poland, South Africa, Cabo Verde…
- In love with design, beauty, architecture and LIFE.
- passion and fun.
YOU GRAB A CUP OF COFFEE (OR TEA) AND…
- you work closely with and provide legal advice to the other LIFE departments such as Finance, Development and HR as well as external contacts such as notaries, lawyers, banks and various partners;
- you will prepare and review agreements such as rental agreements, sale-purchase agreements, construction agreements, …;
- you will work on transactions (M&A) and will prepare and/or review agreements relating to the transaction;
- you will prepare corporate documents with the assistance of our Paralegal and our notary such as deeds of incorporation of companies, deeds of modification of the statutes of the companies, …;
- you will manage our portfolio of brands with the assistance of our trademark agency;
- you will handle all judicial and non-judicial disputes together with our lawyers and our CFO;
- you will maintain the good relationships we have with our notaries, lawyers, partners, …;
- you will report to our CFO.
- graduated as a Master of Law and have a minimum of 4-6 years of relevant experience as an in-house counsel preferably in the development industry;
- have a good knowledge of and experience in contract law, liability law and company law;
- independent, proactive and motivated;
- always finds the right balance between legal correctness and a pragmatic approach;
- highly communicative and a team player;
- efficient, accurate and structured;
- stress resistant and able to work at a high pace;
- have a good knowledge of languages;
- able to organize and prioritize legal files and to supervise our Paralegal colleague.
- a fulltime function in an open and inspiring environment;
- a flexible work environment where every day is different;
- to work together with colleagues who are invited to be themselves, each with a different background and strengths and are convinced that this diversity is an important added value for the company;
- the opportunity to take on responsibility and to grow, amongst others through training courses;
- an attractive renumeration package completed by a comprehensive package of benefits.